Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Things to Remember Before Buying a Pet



Yesterday, a friend from another website came to see my remaining Japanese kois and to update each other on the happenings in the industry. As an accountant, Paul was inclined to always look into the cost-efficiency of anything he gets into and one of the things he shared was how his goldfishes grew in a few months (and won a prize at another fish event) at less cost by feeding koi pellets (Tomigai's whose formulation is from our very own Mike Hernandez of Kois and Ponds). I am always amazed at the way Paul would do a cost analysis - here's an example that by using koi pellets that the actual cost was only around 10% than using pellets meant for goldfish.

So that's another factor to consider in terms of nutritional requirements - cost especially in the long term.

Just a note on brands I sometimes mention, I am not paid nor given anything by the product distributors or resellers nor do I wish to receive anything from mentioning their products and I am not supposed to. I do recommend the products I mention because I personally use and trust the products which I also buy.

No comments: