Thursday, June 3, 2010

Welcome to the Pinoypethobbyist

Been wanting to post but laziness gets the better of me. So here I am, just managing to post something, partly random thoughts and partly out of some sense of desperation to start somewhere, so that finally I can say I did it, that is I finally started what I have long planned with the pinoypethobbyist.

First, the blog is not about me or of anyone in particular. It is all about the hobby of fishkeeping in the Philippines and hopefully in the near future - of other pets that I have managed to take care of or knowledgeable with. That will mean quite a wide range of topics - including dogs, birds, etc. At this stage though, I will keep to fish profiles and their care. Of course, it is important to also come up with good readings on the basics of the hobby itself - filtration, water parameters, maintenance, etc. Although one may find a lot of the same stuff from other online sources, I will try to make the readings simple but still comprehensive enough to be able to contribute to elevate the fishkeeping hobby into a more scientific approach. The only assurance I can make is, not to bore the reader.

As an advocate for Biodiversity, the blog will also necessarily include stuff about Philippine Endemic Freshwater Fishes. Yes, you read that right, I just wrote down - Endemics or what is left in our country and to truly make it our own, I will also use the term Isdang Tabang. The reasons are simple, this is where we sorely lack - interests, knowledge - for whatever reason, I never truly understood. And this despite the fact that the Philippines is considered a biodiversity hot spot.

Welcome to the pinoypethobbyist! More post to follow......

No comments: