Monday, June 14, 2010

Potamotrygon sp. Hybrids



I am into freshwater stingrays. I started with freshwater stingrays in the 90s starting with a P. motoro, after losing my first one, I simply stopped as it was very expensive to acquire another one then. It was only last year after a friend requested if I could give up on one of my zebra plecos (L46) that I decided to take in two P. motoro pups in exchange for the L46 instead of getting paid for it. Since then, I haven't looked back and still quite amazed at the varieties now available in the market.

Here are two pics of some P. motoro hybrids (P. motoro x Potamotrygon sp. Mantilla) that I am taking care in my fiberglass pond now. The pictures were taken on the day I took them home with me. One has since died of unknown causes with 4 remaining showing differing patterns.

No comments: