Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pterophyllum altum

Yesterday, the last remaining juvenile altum was gone. It has been a miserable week or even two, and I am not expecting any soon. I am currently quite busy with work (which is good because it also takes the frustrations off my mind for sometime) and finally I will get my customized aquarium delivered soon (I am really tempted to brag about it but I am not allowed to - it is from a major brand), and the prospect of having a one-of-a-kind aquarium is keeping me involved in the hobby after the heartbreaks and ego-busters. The best of thank yous to friends who suggested to let go this time and focus instead on my brand new aquarium (but still shocked to find out of the cost of materials for the aquarium stand) for next year's batch of altums(?). Also thanks thanks to those who despite the odds, came up with the customized tank - Deric, Boy, and Hazel to name a few). I am still working on that delivery and trying to fit the new tank inside my room (if I can really manage to get it inside because of its width).

As in any loss, there are quite a few things I learned or that should be recognized - carelessness is really dangerous and time management is an important tool in maintaining fish to cite a few. Next time, next time should be a mantra a hobbyist needs to recite quite often.

No comments: